Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XA not accepting my pin and some other bad experiences.

SOLVED
kjemmo
Visitor

Xperia XA not accepting my pin and some other bad experiences.

OK. Here is my experience with my new Xperia XA.

Issue #1: Pin is not accepted

I got i a few month ago and was quite happy with it. Last weekend I went to bed and the battery was around 50% charged when I woke up the battery was drained completely. So I put it in the charger and turned it on after a while but now the pincode is not accepted. The phone just says 'incorrect pin'. I have the same code as on my last phone and know 100% that I have not changed it my self during the night. I do not even know how to change it. So it seems that either there is a bug so the correct pin is not accepted or the pin changed by it self.

Issue #2: Xperia Companion do not work

So a phone changing the pin by it self is annoying, but it must be possible to do a reset of some sort. So I head to the sony website for support and find this guide that instruc me to use Xperia Companion to reset my phone. (http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/xperiaxa/faq/I-cant-unlock-my-screen/)

I install Xperia Companion and follow the guide to do a reset, but I can't complete the guide and get an error instead. So I start trying to resolve that error, but so far no luck.

The error code is: UEStartNoMorePorts L_2384

XperiaCompanion_2016-08-22_19-36-52.png

Issue #3: The support contact page do not work.

At this point i realize that I will not be able to solve this on my own, so I head to Sony support page to get some chat support. But even this seems to be an issue. When I acces the support page the country selecter do not work and the 'contact us link' just sends me to none-working page that I am already on.

2016-08-23_10-28-19.gif

Sorry Sony, but this is about the works experience that I have had with any phone and support department. Not only do my phone not work, but any attempt to fix the issue and get proper support has failed. I have spend hours on this and are very disapointed. Please let me know how to proceed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kjemmo
Visitor

I already tried different browser.

I turned out that the country dropdown worked for the Australian version of the site...???

Anyways I managed to get a chat support going after selecting Denmark as my country. The support was not very helpfull though. The supporter had no solutions for the Xperia Companion error and suggested that I tried on another PC or turned my phone in to the retailer.

Now I got stubborn and finally came up with a solution my self. I unistalled all Sony software namely:

• Sony Mobile Update Engine
  • Xperia Companion

Then in did a registry cleanup with a little software called CCleaner.

Next I reinstalled Xperia Companion and tried to do a Factory reset again. This time it worked.

So if anyone else have this issue please try the above approach.

Sony support staff is useless and I have to say that level of support is terrible. So my journey can be narrowed down to this:

Phone not working > software not working > support website not working > when I finally get support it is useless.

Figured it out my self but spend too many hours in the process.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@kjemmo

Try a different browser and/or click here

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

kjemmo
Visitor

I already tried different browser.

I turned out that the country dropdown worked for the Australian version of the site...???

Anyways I managed to get a chat support going after selecting Denmark as my country. The support was not very helpfull though. The supporter had no solutions for the Xperia Companion error and suggested that I tried on another PC or turned my phone in to the retailer.

Now I got stubborn and finally came up with a solution my self. I unistalled all Sony software namely:

• Sony Mobile Update Engine
  • Xperia Companion

Then in did a registry cleanup with a little software called CCleaner.

Next I reinstalled Xperia Companion and tried to do a Factory reset again. This time it worked.

So if anyone else have this issue please try the above approach.

Sony support staff is useless and I have to say that level of support is terrible. So my journey can be narrowed down to this:

Phone not working > software not working > support website not working > when I finally get support it is useless.

Figured it out my self but spend too many hours in the process.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@kjemmo

So the issue was with your computer and your experience with your Local support wasn't as "helpful"?

Isthatxavier
Visitor

I am experiencing a bug with my Xperia XA ultra. One week after the previous update, I decided changing my phone's screen lock security from pattern to swipe. It worked fine, but when switching again for swipe to pattern the system crashed. I have factory reset it twice. I have performed two system repairs using the Xperia companion and every time that I go to settings - screen lock and security - and if I select pattern, pin or password, my phone crashes and I cannot unlock it.

In the meantime, I am just using swipe and it works flawlessly. Any idea why?

(I have also tried clearing the security certificates)

Other users are experiencing the same encryption issue but in a different way when their pin is rejected .. please just report this bug