Join now - be part of our community!

XA ultra lock screen takes ages to come up

SOLVED
Hkm92
Visitor

XA ultra lock screen takes ages to come up

Once my phone is locked it is taking about 10 seconds for the lock screen to come up (if left for about 10+ sexinds). This doesn't happen while connected to a pic via USB so I suspect some issue with the phone going to sleep.

Have tried rebooting and factory reset and still get the issue and phone software is up to date.

Anyone else experienced this/know what might be causing it?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christofer
Champion

Hi @Hkm92,

Do you use an SD card with your device? If yes, could you try removing the SD card before trying the software repair and see if this still happens?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Hkm92

test it in >>> safe mode

Hkm92
Visitor

Interestingly it happens in safe mode as well, so just to be sure I factory reset it and then started it in safe mode and got the same result Slightly_frowning_Face
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Hkm92

repair it with XC and report back

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

YoGem
Leader

Question: So, when you lock the screen, and you want to unlock it pressing the power button, does the screen power up and it's automatic unlocked? Or, is it that when you try to unlock, the screen power up, you can see the background but the lock screen has a delay of 10/15 seconds before it appears?

If you are having the 1st "issue" you can change that behavior by going to Settings, Security - tap to Automatically Lock and there you can chose when the lock will occur. You may select Immediately.

If the issue is the 2nd one, then your best bet is to follow Uliwooly advice and perform a software repair.
Christofer
Champion

Hi @Hkm92,

Do you use an SD card with your device? If yes, could you try removing the SD card before trying the software repair and see if this still happens?

Hkm92
Visitor

I do use an SD card with my phone, I tried repairing it this morning with the SD card in which had no effect. I have now noticed that my phone no longer recognises the SD card is inserted in to the phone...

Will try to repair it without the SD card in and get back to you.
Christofer
Champion

Keep us updated. Slightly_smiling_Face

Hkm92
Visitor

Turns out the SD card was fried. Did the restore without the SD card in a moment ago and so far so good. Dunno if it was the dead SD card causing the issue or something else, will try to investigate further.
Christofer
Champion

@Hkm92 Sorry to hear about your SD card. Feel free to let us know if you find anything else in regards to this.