Join now - be part of our community!

XA massive drain battery by bluetooth... which...is turned off...:D

SOLVED
semimatt
Visitor

XA massive drain battery by bluetooth... which...is turned off...:D

i've send the phone to the polish service.. but they said that is everything ok with this phone while it was in service.. but as you can se... it isnt...

take a look of the attached screens.

it takes a aprox 3,5h to drain the 25% of battery. so the battery life for this phone is now aprox. 14h when it is in 'stanby' with bluetooth off... but the phone says that bluetooth is on while it is not... 

Screenshot_20161123-214906.pngScreenshot_20161123-213625.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CameronT
Champion

@semimatt,

It could be an app that is using the bluetooth process. If so, it will be a core app because it's happening in safe mode too. I recommend you back up your phone, then run a software repair using Xperia Companion.

I cannot check if your device is new or not, your Local support team may be able to tell if it's been repaired before.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
CameronT
Champion

Hi @semimatt,

Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this. 

Can you please test your phone in safe mode and see if the same issue persists?

semimatt
Visitor

I tried today. the bluetooth stopped drain the battery before I switch to safe mode but the drain in safe mode is as it was .. no change  in speed of decharging. so the bluetooth is one problem.. and the rest of drain is the other

becouse ...  "%: are all sum to a 51%. i dont know where the 49% goes..

here you have all battery usage in one pic. 

unused at night in stamina mode- 6h - ~15% battery drain.

the phone i get is from the warranty exchange (the cannot repair my M4) - im affraid XA is not  brand new but refurbished - is it possible i got a refurbished one that they cannot repair or diagnose and send to other client?  i got the phone from polish service with turkish warranty card and instruction which is weird. can you find if its brand new by IMEI ?

Screenshot_20161124-131446.jpg

Screenshot_20161124-131500.png Screenshot_20161124-131500.png

skieras91
New

Hi, i had the same issue, phone should be ok. 

Uninstall (if not using) or disable bluetooth options for Yanosik Grinning_Face

Pozdro 😛

semimatt
Visitor

it isnt working for me, bluetooth is now off and it is not draining the battery.. but something other drain...  - as you can see 51% of battery usage is dercribed.. . 49.. not... the phone is probably new and it last a 20h on battery when you used it for 2 h ?

Pars987
Visitor

I have same issue , terrible terrible terrible battery usage in standby !  really very terible , i don't know how can a company doing bad like this in this case after long years of producing mobile devices 

(also bad work of screen with very low time activity)

(All communications are off even auto sync is off and nothing active for apps and just telegram installed as messanger also preinstalled anti virus of device is disabled an no recent apps and did factory reset 3 times - i think mobile network usage has problem and sony should solve it rapidly with firmware update)

using latest version (build81) in F3112 

CameronT
Champion

@semimatt,

It could be an app that is using the bluetooth process. If so, it will be a core app because it's happening in safe mode too. I recommend you back up your phone, then run a software repair using Xperia Companion.

I cannot check if your device is new or not, your Local support team may be able to tell if it's been repaired before.

1adrian1
Contributor

Go to settings location tap the three dots top right and then turn both sliders to the off position WiFi and Bluetooth are always scanning in the background for google even if they are both turned off.
Pars987
Visitor

my friend , huge Battery drain is a major problem of XA esp in 3G & 4G networks , also totally weak battery & no software patch by sony yet , I hope it will solve with Android 7 

Roadrunny76
Enthusiast

If we get 7.0 we will have more problems (read around the forum about XZ & X performance upgrades to 7.0). Other companies have decided to skip 7.0 due to numerous bugs and go for start with 7.1.1.