Join now - be part of our community!

Battery charging indicator - xperia 5

Tomersonn
Visitor

Battery charging indicator - xperia 5

Hi all,

in all of the devices I have used in the past, the phone indicates it is using quick charge when quick charger is plugged to the phone. 

When I am plugging my xperia 5 to its quick charge, the phone only indicates it is under charging.

Is it ok or do I have a problem with my charger? (I am not using battery care mode).

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Yekollu
Contributor

Quick charge is not supported anymore, as far as I know, instead, we have USB power delivery and is supposed to be faster than Quickcharge.

Jonas
Master

Hi @Tomersonn, welcome to our forum!

As far as I can remember, Xperia devices have never indicated in any way that they are being charged with a fast charger. It has always just said charging on the lock screen and the icon in the status bar had the same look even if you used a Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 charger, or a standard charger.

As @Yekollu mentioned, Xperia devices launched with Android Pie (Xperia 1, Xperia 5, Xperia 10 , Xperia 10 Plus and Xperia XZ3) only supports USB Power Delivery which isn't a "fast charging" method, but it will charge faster than, for example, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. The charger you receive with the device called UCH32 is a USB PD charger.

I hope that answers your question! Slightly_smiling_Face

Tomersonn
Visitor

Thank you Jonas and @Yekollu for the help.

Jonas
Master

@Tomersonn, you're very welcome! Slightly_smiling_Face

Have a fantastic weekend!