Join now - be part of our community!

headphone jack not working

SOLVED
HaiderAli97
Visitor

headphone jack not working

I recently bought a new Xperia Z1...
Had great time using it but suddenly on one unfortunate day, I found out that the phone no more recognizes any headphone.
I tried to clean the headphone jack.. AND it worked but after 3 minutes, phone wasn't able to recognize headphones not even SONY and beats.
Is it a software issue or something?!
Please help
61 REPLIES 61
Saitama1
Visitor

Thanks mate. My phones working smoothly now
Ahmedm0det
Visitor

It is software problem, I had the me problem.
I solve it after download app called "soundabout", then decide on output to headphone 🎧
preet1985
Visitor

You have to change ur mobiles headphone socket

and thenitwillbe solved.

BengAlZZZ
Visitor

I've been using sound about for a while to force my music to the headphones. But today I was fed up and said screw it, so I dug in there with a tiny plastic appitizer fork. I didnt do a toothpick because it just comes to a point and cant really grab and move stuff. I went gently at first and slightly harder and sure enough pocket lint came out. Now it works just fine. Other people have tried this, and got pocket lint out as well, but I'm thinking they screwed some stuff up when they were digging in there with a toothpick. I even tried to airdust it out and that didnt even work, only an oblong plastic thing worked... 

nazmi_nba
Visitor

Had the same problem, but figured it was earphone tho worked with other but not my phones. So changed to another earphone and no prob. Hopd it workd for u.
On the other notes, what is customer service?
Thegoodking
Visitor

I don't think it's a kitkat problem. As someone else has said, four months(about how long I've had my z5) of jack working fine, then suddenly, no more. No software update or anything. Just suddenly stopped working. I've had so many headaches with my Xperia phones over the years, I don't know WHY I remain so dedicated. I'll have to find another waterproof phone next time. Such a simple thing- headphones(though maybe made less simple by the waterproofing?). Anyways,not an android software issue necessarily.

Bingtimren
Visitor

This is how I solved my problem:

Settings → sound and notification → audio settings → sound effects → turn off "automatic optimization" under "headphone settings"
bhanu143
Visitor

My Sony XPERIA E headphones or not working properly plzz help me
Jo96
Visitor

I can't listen music or calls through my phone's speaker and a when am recording a video or a voice I can't hear anything.... But when someone call me my phone rings but when I'm talking to phone I can't hear anything n even I can't be heard on the other side

Plz help me
ImperviousRabbi
Visitor

Having the same problem 😩 tried everything that everyone has suggested on here and still no luck! Ever since my phone updated to marshmallow there has been all sorts of issues and this being the worst! Im always so hesitant to update whenever new software comes along. Looks like ill be sending my phone off to sony for a repair. Fingers crossed they will sort it out.