Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia xa hangs after a call has been made

SOLVED
dhee2020
Visitor

Xperia xa hangs after a call has been made

Today, when i hang up the call i started to repeat the operator call cost message for every second with the notification sound until i forced to shutdown the mobile..after restart it is hanging in every operation that i make..is there any solution to fix this....
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Didrik
Enthusiast

If I understand you correctly then this happens during every call now? Do you have any other SIM-cards that you can try inserting in your phone?

Since you mention that you still experience this while in safe mode my first recommendation would be that you reboot your phone to safe mode without an SD-card (if you have an SD-card) inserted.

Should you still experience this behaviour I would suggest that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. Do note that this will reset the phone completely and that you should create a backup first, something that can be done using the backup feature in Xperia Companion.

Please keep me updated on how it goes!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Didrik
Enthusiast

Hi @dhee2020!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your Xperia XA. Slightly_frowning_Face

For how long has this been going on? Do you know when it started happening, after something was done with the phone like installing a specific app?

Would you say that you only experience this after making a call? If so, it's possible that it is related to your service provider. Are you able to make a call using another SIM-card in your phone?

I would also recommend that you make a call with your phone rebooted to safe mode in order to rule out this being related to a third party application or not. Are you still receiving this message after a call has been made if you made the call while the device was in safe mode?

Let me know how it went!

dhee2020
Visitor

Hi Didrik,

It started early hours of this morning and i installed may payne game day before yesterday.

This happened only once when i hang up the call..after restart it is hanging in every operation but i can make calls from the both simcards.

I can make calls in safe mode, now theres no problem with calls but it is hanging even in safe mode, i tried to open settings and tried to scroll down but it is lagging..
dhee2020
Visitor

Sorry...its maxpayne game
Didrik
Enthusiast

If I understand you correctly then this happens during every call now? Do you have any other SIM-cards that you can try inserting in your phone?

Since you mention that you still experience this while in safe mode my first recommendation would be that you reboot your phone to safe mode without an SD-card (if you have an SD-card) inserted.

Should you still experience this behaviour I would suggest that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. Do note that this will reset the phone completely and that you should create a backup first, something that can be done using the backup feature in Xperia Companion.

Please keep me updated on how it goes!

dhee2020
Visitor

Hi,

Have done software repair using the companion and now it looks good in all the aspects...thankyou for your support and if any i l keep you posted.
Didrik
Enthusiast

Glad to hear that your phone is working! If anything pops up, let me know. Slightly_smiling_Face