Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XA Camera Problem in Zoom

SOLVED
Duke17
Visitor

Xperia XA Camera Problem in Zoom

Recently, I'm quick covering an event in our place using my device to quickly send it to Telegram.

I'm taking zoomed in shots but apparently when it gets saved, it saves the whole frame, not the zoomed in photo.

When recording a video, the zoom works just fine.

I tried diagnosing it in safe mode, I'm thinking of using the sony companion but I don't want to reset the whole phone. So I'm thinking an alternative. Thanks.
51 REPLIES 51
Duke17
Visitor

Oh, maybe I'll just wait. I could inquire to the service provider if I get some time.

Hope they get a fix about this soon
Roadrunny76
Enthusiast

@Duke17 New update is being rolled out. Keep us posted if problem is solved after update. You didn't have to wait for long, huh? Slightly_smiling_Face Slightly_smiling_Face Slightly_smiling_Face
Duke17
Visitor

Oh. Big thanks. Yeah imma keep you guys updated.
Duke17
Visitor

It's fine now. I guess? Let me try and recreate the issue.
Roadrunny76
Enthusiast

Good luck!
Duke17
Visitor

It works now. Haha. Nice. Thanks, man.
Shailens
Visitor

which update u got 3.81 ???

any big changes you noticed

how is the camera and battery performance @Duke17

Duke17
Visitor

Yesss.

Camera went back to being normal. It doesn't heat up the battery so much either.
loopyludo
Visitor

Duke17 which update do you have, I am now experiencing this issue since Saturday 1st October Build Number 33.2.A.2.93

Roadrunny76
Enthusiast

What exact settings you have for camera? I am on 2.93 and can not replicate in any way the problem (Duke17 just updated meaning he's on 3.81). Is it happening at a certain level of zoom?