Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XA Camera Problem in Zoom

SOLVED
Duke17
Visitor

Xperia XA Camera Problem in Zoom

Recently, I'm quick covering an event in our place using my device to quickly send it to Telegram.

I'm taking zoomed in shots but apparently when it gets saved, it saves the whole frame, not the zoomed in photo.

When recording a video, the zoom works just fine.

I tried diagnosing it in safe mode, I'm thinking of using the sony companion but I don't want to reset the whole phone. So I'm thinking an alternative. Thanks.
51 REPLIES 51
Duke17
Visitor

The problem came back indeed. Didn't work with the clear data in safe mode either. Is this an update bug?
Duke17
Visitor

The zoom works with flash though. No flash, no zoom.
Duke17
Visitor

The clear data didn't finish the zoom problem in the camera. Even followed uliwooly's advice in doing it in safe mode. It still saves the unzoomed picture even if we took the picture zoomed in.

Shaliens also had the same problem. We can recreate the issue and yes, the problem comes back. The zoom works just fine in camera mode if the flash is activated. Also works fine in video mode.
Duke17
Visitor

Can we remove the resolved green check on the status of this thread? 😛
Duke17
Visitor

Oh. Thanks. So, any solutions? Is it an update bug?
Duke17
Visitor

I guess everybody is having problems with this.
Roadrunny76
Enthusiast

Are you on 3.74 software version (the one that caused issues to many that have updated)? On 2.93 the issues described by you don't replicate (at least not in my case). Camera works as intended and expected.
Duke17
Visitor

So I have to get it back to that update?
Duke17
Visitor

Oh 33.2.A.3.74 version. The latest indeed.
Roadrunny76
Enthusiast

It seems this is another problem coming up from that update (if all was working well before). It's not simple to get back to previous version, it involves some risks also (some people say). In my opinion you have 2 options: wait for the next update (it shouldn't be far away) or get in contact with your local support to see if the official service centre from your area can reinstall previous version.