Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XA Camera Problem in Zoom

SOLVED
Duke17
Visitor

Xperia XA Camera Problem in Zoom

Recently, I'm quick covering an event in our place using my device to quickly send it to Telegram.

I'm taking zoomed in shots but apparently when it gets saved, it saves the whole frame, not the zoomed in photo.

When recording a video, the zoom works just fine.

I tried diagnosing it in safe mode, I'm thinking of using the sony companion but I don't want to reset the whole phone. So I'm thinking an alternative. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Roadrunny76
Enthusiast

@Duke17 New update is being rolled out. Keep us posted if problem is solved after update. You didn't have to wait for long, huh? Slightly_smiling_Face Slightly_smiling_Face Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
oneilxperiaxaus
Visitor

hi guys buy sony xperia xa 2weeks from now , after i update the system about 700+mb

the camera softskin effect not working anymore and zoom shot not and some feautures of camera 

any idea what should i do ? please

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Settings > apps > camera > storage > clear memory > restart the phone > check again

oneilxperiaxaus
Visitor

zoom shot is now working but the softface still not Slightly_frowning_Face i really want that T_T help me guys

Shailens
Visitor

yesterday i got system upgrade 33.2.b.2.74 . after that i am facing issue in my camera , now there is shutter lag , OIS is vanished , camera is lagging zooming problem

so is there anyway to fix it or i 'll have to wait for the next upgrade?

oneilxperiaxaus
Visitor

Hi guys after the update my camera got a problem zoom shot and soft skin effect is not working did ur xperia xa facing like mine plss let me know
oneilxperiaxaus
Visitor

sony plss help us.

Archiclan
Visitor

Hi. Im archie. I hv xperia xa. After d update this sept 2016 my camera zoom doesnt work anymore. ie. If i zoom in to an object the finish photo is zoomed out.. Pls help... Thank you
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

That's rather odd, I don't have that phone to test it, are you taking pictures with the camera app or through a third party app?

Duke17
Visitor

Just the regular camera app. I don't use any third party apps for camera.