Join now - be part of our community!

To buy or not to buy?

SOLVED
Not applicable

To buy or not to buy?

Hello,

Abit of help if possible? I am lookin at buying a "Xperia X10 Mini" are they worth buying? Any people out there can recommend these? or any who don't recomend them and can recomend a better alternative?

Also what is android? I think I know its an operating system as opposed to symbian? are they better? what happens to all the downloadable apps are they regurlarly available for android?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rocco1
Visitor

That sounds like every mobile operator but at least with SE I get an answer I understand. With samsung you get back a bad english email that makes no sense, and doesn't even mention your problem.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
KrazyD
Contributor

I recommend the x10 mini because it is a great phone with may powerful features. Android is a type of operating system just like symbian, windows mobile and java. Android has many apps available on the android market and there are always new apps each day.

profile.country.en_GB.title
wfaddah
Visitor

customer support sucks.... go for the galaxy s

Not applicable

I would recommend getting the Xperia X10 Mini Pro, it's the X10 Mini just with a physical keyboard. When I ordered my X10, I was very close to cancelling the order as I didn't think it'd be very good due to its size. But, now that I've got it I'm glad I didn't cancel it. It's a brilliant phone, very user friendly and if you've got an internet connection it's even better.

There's only one downside, the fact that the X10, Mini and Mini Pro all have Android 1.6 and can't be updated yet, there's meant to be an update around the end of September

Not applicable

Hello All.

Thanks for the help, I'll decide tomorrow and buy one then. I'm not too bothered about customer suuport from S/E because hopefully my service provider will give me that? If anyone else has any opinions on this phone please let me know.

Not applicable

No, your service provider won't give you customer support for your mobile. It is still Sony Ericssons party. And that is the problem with all SE devices. There is no customer support at all. If you call them they they have no idea and say "Let an official SE servicepoint check you phone!", when you write emails you get standard answers that don't answer your questions or they make fun about you. In this online board or facebook there is no activity at all from official SE people.

So if you have should have any problem with your phone you can only pray to god that someone posted a fix and google knows how to find it. Otherwise you wasted much money for a useless paperweight.

Never ever again SE after the shitty X10 which costed me 550€ and is unusable for calls because the volume is to low.

Rocco1
Visitor

That sounds like every mobile operator but at least with SE I get an answer I understand. With samsung you get back a bad english email that makes no sense, and doesn't even mention your problem.

Not applicable

You do not seem to be very techno savvy or conversant with software systems. In that case Android 1.6 or 2.1 or 2.2 might not be very relevant to you. If you want a phone that is briilliant to flaunt, but not with very great software systems, go for SE. If you think that software is very important and you shall get up to date with present software markets soon, go for samsung.

The choice is yours, but remember, for smartphones customer support is very very important, and at SE, you at least have a vent to breathe out your dissatisfaction. Not so sure of others.

Not applicable

Is "Android 1.6 or 2.1 or 2.2" a big thing? does that mean alot of things won't work on 1.6?.

Thanks for everyones input I have now ordered the X10 mini and I do agree that some other customers services are not very good, I was previously with 3 and they were very poor. Hopefully a new phone and service provider will be better this time.

Not applicable

Depends.

Also, with the update coming very soon in Sept'10 itself, you need not worry a lot about the differences b/w 1.6 & 2.1. The phone is good, although I have the maxi one, I can say so. Congrats on your new phone.