Join now - be part of our community!

Moving data from phone memory to SD card?

SOLVED
Not applicable

Moving data from phone memory to SD card?

My internal phone memory is getting eaten up fast, how can I move the applications and make installations go directly to the SD card?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

When you say you are getting low, how low is low?

If the memory is being taken up by apps, then there isn't anything you can do currently as you can't load apps to run from your SD card.  I may be wrong but I think this will change with the 2.1 update. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable

Try mounting your SD card first. It can be found in Settings under SD card

suze
Leader

When you say you are getting low, how low is low?

If the memory is being taken up by apps, then there isn't anything you can do currently as you can't load apps to run from your SD card.  I may be wrong but I think this will change with the 2.1 update. 

Not applicable

My SD card is currently mounted, and applications are taking the space up. Is there any news of when the 2.1 update will be available?

suze
Leader

The official line is the end of Quarter 3 so probably September.  I think the hold up then is going to be the tel co's putting there rubbish on the top of it before they release the updates.  But fairly soon really. 

Out of interest what apps do you have that are hogging all the space then?  If you go to Menu>Settings>SD Card and Phone Storage... what figure do you have for internal phone storage?  I have a fair few on my phone and still have quite a lot of space left 303mb.  Do you use them all? If they are freebies, you could always ditch them for the time being and then reinstall if you genuinely need them. 

Not applicable

I currently have 127MB left, I don't know what the internal memory is for the X10 Mini Pro when it's new. How much does the average app take up?

suze
Leader

According to SE website specs it starts with 128mb so actually you have only used 1mb if thats the case!

Not applicable

After deleting a few applications, I've now got 140MB..

suze
Leader

Smiling_Face_with_open_mouth_&_closed_Eyes Good to see that the SE website have their facts right then. Lol.

Not applicable

Haha, I guess I'll just wait for the Android 2.1 update. Thanks :smileygrin: