Join now - be part of our community!

Limited access in PC when using phone as hotspot

SOLVED
grvdixit
Visitor

Limited access in PC when using phone as hotspot

m trying to connect my one day old Xperia SP through hotspot to my laptop.

m using ecnryption WPA2 PSK. If connects with limited access. tried with both 2G and 3G network and restarting the phone and every possible option,

still no luck.

internet works fine in phone. can anyone help.

Topic was edited by: Rickard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

So if you connect your phone to this computer using a cable tethering works? In that case i recommend that you check the IP-settings for your computers wireless network card. This is usually done from Control panel -> Network connections -> [properties for your WiFi-card] -> [properties for TCP/IPv4]. Here check that it's set to automatic IP and DNS.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Rickard
Master

First make sure with your operator that your subscription includes support for tethering. You may also need to change the internet settings in the phone for tethering to work. Go to Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names -> [your internet settings] and check with your operator that you have correct settings here for tethering.

grvdixit
Visitor

As mentioned above APN settings is fine and internet in mobile and through USB tethering works fine in same laptop.

my operator support for tethering.

is there anything specific to sony xperia tethering APN configuration that is required to be checked from operator end?

Rickard
Master

So if you connect your phone to this computer using a cable tethering works? In that case i recommend that you check the IP-settings for your computers wireless network card. This is usually done from Control panel -> Network connections -> [properties for your WiFi-card] -> [properties for TCP/IPv4]. Here check that it's set to automatic IP and DNS.

grvdixit
Visitor

Thanks a ton Rikard.

its works superbly after setting automatic ip and dns for IPv4 and IPv6

ShashiMN
Visitor

I have a Sony Xperia SP. i am trying to use it as wifi hotspot.  I connect the laptop to my mobile through wi-fi.  The laptop gets and IP address. Althought connected to my  mobile the laptop shows  message  "no  Internet aceess". I am unable to browse any website.

I change setting in mobile to 2G mode and it works fine , my Laptop gets IP and I can vew sites.  But in "WCDMA(preferred)/GSM" mode it doesn't work.

Please help.

Regards,

Shashi

Tags (1)
th4
Visitor

Excellent,it worked for me,thank you very much!
Roshang
Visitor

When I connect my laptop to my mobiles wifi hotspot it shows limited and doesn't work
Hairs
Visitor

Thanks a lot.. It worked. I know its an old post but i really needed to thank you.

I just changed the APN to the other defualt one which was already there and it worked like a charm.

Roset1993
Visitor

Its very simple cause I have just had the same problem with my Sony experia 64. Just go to Settings >Mobile Networks > APN settings then ignore the already installed settings and set up a new APN according to your service provider. Then make use of the new APN.