Join now - be part of our community!

Same update.

SOLVED
monstrousnight
Visitor

Same update.

I got this notification telling me to update my phone but it's an update I had previously done. It's 15.1.C.2.8 which I updated to about a month ago however it is still telling me to update.
24 REPLIES 24
ThePedro1874
Visitor

Looking in settings/about phone/build number it says 15.1.C.2.8

If I tap software update on the same page it says 15.1.C.2.8 computer required - is this the software update version?

If not where can I check what software version is the latest installed on my phone?

ThePedro1874
Visitor

I found this on another thread and it was not answered by any sony staff.  This looks as though I finally managed to upload 15.1.C.1.17 by wifi after I wrote this but I know I was never able to with pc companion or sus.

My new Xperia M does not charge when switched off and plugged into the mains.  No lights show, no matter how long I left it connected and when switched on the charge had not increased at all.  It charges fine when switched on to either mains power or connected to a computer.

I must have wasted hours trying to get the phone updated "to the latest android software".  I received a msg the day after I purchased this new phone, telling me that an update was available (15.1.C.1.17) and that "computer required".  I have uninstalled and re-installed PC companion which tells me that an update (15.1.C.1.17) is available.  It gets up to step 2 ok and I see the software being downloaded to the PC but when the next page comes to "checking the phone/tablet" I see the phone gets switched off.   After about 3 minutes another page comes up with 5 steps on it.  To "prepare the phone for the update" I follow all the commands up to "pressing and holding the volume down key while plugging the usb cable into the phone and then click  back but it then goes back to "checking the phone/tablet" and I notice that the phone is still switched off" and after 3 minutes it just returns to the follow the steps page.

What is supposed to happen after you switch off the phone and then plug the usb cable into the phone while holding the volume down button in?  I have left it for many minutes and absolutely nothing has happened.

I have had a sony Xperia mini smartphone for a couple of years before this phone so am very familiar with PC companion and the android phone system.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

With sony update service,after you are prompted to connect with vol down pressed,it should recognise the phone and start updating/repairing the device.

alexdon
ThePedro1874
Visitor

Yes I did that but it refused to connect on sus and the update service on pc companion as I said above
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert
monstrousnight
Visitor

Xperia m
The new 4.3 jelly bean update became available yesterday but the update centre app on my phone is not refreshing so I cannot update my phone.
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

monstrousnight
Visitor

Is there any way to make the update centre refresh?
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Why are you searching with the update centre and not with the apps that I provided the links?

alexdon
monstrousnight
Visitor

I want to know why this problem has occurred and how to solve it.