Join now - be part of our community!

Poor Images when flash is used

SOLVED
VigneshXperiaS
Visitor

Poor Images when flash is used

Hello, I'm getting very poor quality of images when flash is used in camera. White tint affects images. i'm using Xperia M(15.1.c.117). I have uploaded sample images. Thank You.DSC_0002.jpgDSC_0003.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johan
Master

Do you use any cover or protector that may be covering the flash?

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Johan
Master

Do you use any cover or protector that may be covering the flash?

VigneshXperiaS
Visitor

Yes, I'm using flip case. I tried taking photos after removing case and problem is solved. Flip case is the main culprit. Thank you.

(Signing In into Sony Mobile account is only working in Google Chrome. In other browsers it shows that Invalid UserID or Password)

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

Hello, dearest admin.

My name is Alexander and i am very big fan of Sony smarphones.

I bought for my birthday this beautiful white diamond Xperia M.

Because i am a big fan of Sony cameras, this one had a great overall surpise for me, except these 2 issues:

1.Lack of detail on upper left corner and lower right corner.

2.Flash overexpose the on-screen view but the final result it's allright.

Example of issue 1:

This one is set at a pefect pointed macro pose to a monitor screen, and as it can be seen, on the upper margin is only blurr.

1a.jpg

This one is set at a pefect pointed landscape pose, and as it can be seen, the blurr is also at the same place.

1b.jpg

Example of issue 2:

On the device screen, the focusing with flash looks like that, and doesn't seem to adjust the exposure...

2a.jpg

...but the final result is this:

2b.jpg

So, I am using this thread to share those, and i hope Sony will do something to remediate those problems...i love it soo much, as a smartphone overall product. Please take note that it wasn't only my device fault, as i was testing my friend's ones.

I love you Sony and i hope you remain the best electronics companion ever!  ❤️

Alexander

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

Hello SONY!

I am more and more in love with my M-agic friend! But I believe with all my heart, that the camera issues will be fixed in the next update.

I've played some more with it, and i saw some variations of good quality, but the only big issue remain the blurr. Here some other samples took also, with other camera applications, than the stock one (like:ucam free, fv5 paid):

Samples of macro to a straight wall, different camera applications:

DSC00510.JPG

DSC00510.JPG

And here a landscape that shows very good the fuzzy corner:

IMG_20131105_142806.jpg

God bless you Sony! Just make believe that M could be a perfect gift to anyone who dares it!

Thank you! 

Alexander

Ps:sorry for my english!

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

Hello Dear Admin, 

I have noticed lately that Sony decided not to upgrade to 4.3 Xperia M, and that's a REAL SHAME! 

My issues were put on the " Poor Images when flash is used" replies above.

So Dear Admin, have you noticed that XM Camera has same Z1 issues, with blurry zones that can eliminate any good view angles of pleasure using this camera processing, and then the viewfinder could be useless focusing on dark with flash?!

I have spent some hard earned money on this device that now, you and your 'spokeman', subtle deciding not to resolve this issue!

What happend with the Sony Ericsson bad quality solving, thare are the same issues (maybe worst) than as on that time. On other hand, past low end Xperia models had (at least) camera fixing by latest updates. What happens with M?! Camera is very difficult to use the result are not great.

So Admin, please confirm that i am wrong by those above, CONFIRM SOMETHING PLEASE!...is Sony updating M, later to 4.2\4.3 or is an camera fix update that Pc Companion does not reacts. Please HELP!

P.S: Please Sony...Z1 it will be upgraded as i know, but untill today, it's a BIG ADVERTISING LIE about its camera quality results. You must do something in case of M too, otherwise it'a an obvious MAKING FUN OF CUSTUMERS! 

Imagine how betrayed, i and others, can feel about Sony trademark and its latest advertising stuff...I've spent some precious money to gain qreat quality! But what happens?! ...sorry for my english, but i need an aswer!:smileysad:

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

Hello Sony! Rainbow

My previous 'with intensity' comment was because of my will to continue passion for averange photography assigned with portability and features.

I was afraid that you won't do something great with the XM model and some of the issues won't be resolved.

I heard about the latest update, and because nowadays it's also my birthday, i felt to say it honest about my friendship with you...For that, Thank You Sony!

So, because I am from Romania and my PcCompanion refused to upgrade, i took some searching and i made myself a sweet surprise by flashing my M to 15.c.2.8 version:

-better sound in-call\speaker-headphone

-better screen scroll

-better apps

-better responsiveness

but:

-camera has same corner blurr not in all shots but some focuses, and i don't realise if this upgrade did it, or it was from past one (it's not always there, so i believe it must be some kind of software issue)...

-flash at dark, as previous samples i put here, above.

Even the landscape distance photos have low details, and the macros requires quite big distance from the subject the overall camera is sweet to use...but the corner blurr is most annoying...

Honestly it's good even with 4.1 android but please fix it good at camera, that no one should have any kind of cons to make!

LOVE YOU SONY!:smileyrainbow:

THANK YOU!:smileyrainbow:

Alexander! Slightly_smiling_Face

Xandy85
Visitor

Well admin, seems that it's getting worse with those signing-ups.

It does not allow me to choose the phone model and by google signing, it seems that needs another nickname than on facebook's xander85...of course facebook option it's not there anymore...:smileyplain:

15.1.c.2.8 latest update, camera improvements:

Stock camera samples:

DSC_0003.jpgDSC_0007.jpg

Focus-ing, flash-ing, blurr-ing...same issues still there!... I selected only 2 nightshot samples took by stock camera and nothing good happens, worst even, the night shot and portrait are not working just same as normal scene!...:smileyworried:

SONY...TAKE NOTE PLEASE!

Thank you!:smileyrainbow:

Alexander

Xandy85
Visitor

Hello dear admin and Xperia M users.

As i am still testing with 15.1.c.2.8 improvements, and who says that now camera is better...is wrong! Focusing has a blurr issue even on 100iso~daylight. On higher iso the the blurr is worst.

Here are the latest samples took with the latest firmware update:

1. when the upper corners are ok, the lower corners are full of blurr...

DSC01599.JPG

2. ...this happens often at focusing...so when the lower corners are focused good, the others (the upper corners) are full of blurr. Very rare, the focusing does good at the both sides and i believe it's a software focusing management issue.

DSC01597-1.jpg

I've choosed this topic for sharing my experience, because this phone must have a better camera, and all those who want to buy it, should have it at full entertain!

I am from Romania, a country that Sony has bad service center, and in my region, i found that isn't one anymore.

I hope this forum will help me to improve next updates, otherwise i do not want to believe that i have a faulty device.

Sony!...this may be the worst experience with a smartphone camera, so please, HELP ME !...tell me what to do!. And as i was saying before, there are situations when focusing is done good, but hard and rare, without any clues why.

I know that no one have answered to this issues, but i believe someone capable fixing this, reaches my situation so...SONY, PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS !

Thank you!:smileyrainbow:

Alexander

Xandy85
Visitor

Hello dear Sony!:smileyhappy:

I hope that my messeges are in your path of improving quality, so please, do not forget to resolve screen and camera issue to Xperia c1905 models that have come to Romania. All my previous replies shows that the problems are there, and still...:smileyrolleyes:

But because we find ourselves in those special times of the year, I want you to send a honest and deep loving wish to You:

Now that You have a great history about the best 'Santa joy' , to those that have had a 'Sony toy'!

I am so happy to be your fan, and may God bless all the people that made this to: Make.Believe!

Have a Merry Merry Christmas, and a top electronics selling New Year!:smileysmileywink:

Love you!:smileyrainbow:

Alexander