Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia Companion

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

Sony Xperia Companion

When I try to backup my phone to Google I get the attached error message.

Phone Backup error..jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I would highly recommend to backup your data directly to your Google account as Xperia Companion sometimes glitches with backup.

You can check the backup instructions here

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Can you let me know what is the model of your device please?

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

Yes, its Xperia L1 G3311

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I would highly recommend to backup your data directly to your Google account as Xperia Companion sometimes glitches with backup.

You can check the backup instructions here

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

OK EMS_MO72

thanks for this suggestion, I'll go ahead with this.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

You're most welcome at anytime.

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

When I try to backup my phone from my Sony Xperia L1 G3313 I go to settings - backup and reset - manual backup and select my online Google account, but get an error message saying 'Online account error, could not connect to online account'.Online Phone backup error screenshot .png

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Can you try to log in to your Google account from any browser and make sure that you can sign in properly?

Also, check the instructions in this link if you still get the same error: https://support.google.com/android/answer/9455149?hl=en

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

I can log into my Google account using Internet Explorer. At the moment I'm not getting the option on my phone to back up my files to my google account as you'll see from the enclosed screenshot, but when I do it still can't connect me to the server. I can't backup my phone to my Google account with Internet explorer as the default browser.Where to store my files error..pngOnline Phone backup error screenshot .png

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I think you need to do factory data reset to your device.

Try to backup your data with another way, maybe transfer the data to a PC or a memory card and try the factory data reset and check again.