Join now - be part of our community!

Call icon on the Xperia L3 does not clear when call history deleted

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
TheChiel
Explorer

Call icon on the Xperia L3 does not clear when call history deleted

When I delete call history through the phone app, the calls disappear from history in the app itself.

However the icon on my Xperia L3 home screen continues to show the number of recent calls received in a little blue circle, making it look as though I have missed calls. I therefore have to check continually in case these are genuine new calls.

I'm sure I reported this some time ago, and was told a fix was scheduled. However I can't find any detail on that. Can anyone help me resolve this issue ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @TheChiel,

Did you try to clear cache and data and force stop to the phone app and check if that will be cleared or not?

Also, does this happen with every call that you miss?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @TheChiel,

Did you try to clear cache and data and force stop to the phone app and check if that will be cleared or not?

Also, does this happen with every call that you miss?

profile.country.GB.title
TheChiel
Explorer

Many thanks for your response.

I went into the app as suggested, and selected force stop. The missed call number on the icon disappeared. I have also cleared the cache, and updated the app.

However calls to my phone are now not ringing, or vibrating and going to voicemail only. Can you urgently advise what I should do to rectify this please ?

profile.country.GB.title
TheChiel
Explorer

I should add I have checked the Sound settings, and they are fine

profile.country.GB.title
TheChiel
Explorer

Up date - I've turned the phone off and on again ( dumb of me not to do this in the first instance of course 😞   ).

It now seems to be working for receiving mobile calls and texts, but rather bizarrely test calls from my land line still go straight to VM without the phone ringing. Any thoughts on that - never been a problem before ?

profile.country.GB.title
TheChiel
Explorer

And after three tests went straight to VM, this time it now rings when I call on the land line. And when I delete call history the original problem is solved ! 😀😀😀

Apologies for my ineptitude making this into a saga - I'm most grateful for your help.

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @TheChiel, thanks for sharing the full experience with us! I'd also suggest checking the VM issue with your network operator directly if it messes up again.