Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 suddenly became unresponsive and doesn't charge.

SOLVED
Chuusto
Visitor

Xperia 5 suddenly became unresponsive and doesn't charge.

My Xperia 5 went black and unresponsive during the time I was sleeping. Now it doesn't respond to powering up / soft reset or trying to charge. It doesn't show any indicators with the led light.

Tried to hook it up on PC Companion, but it doesn't find the device.

Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chuusto
Visitor

Circuitboard was replaced. Phones IMEI got changed in the progress. Insurance will continue on the device and I need to keep the receipt in order to clarify these changes in future. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @Chuusto, let me see if I can help out here.

Have you tried forcing the phone to restart using the hardware keys of the device? In order to do this, press and hold the power-key and the volume up-key simultaneously for  about 6 seconds, when the device vibrates once, release the buttons and the phone should restart. another thing that you can try in order to force the device to restart is to take the SIM card out as that will trigger the phone to restart.

If the battery has been totally drained, it may take up to 30 minutes for your device to respond to the charging. During this time, the screen may remain completely dark, not showing the charging icon. Also note that it can take up to 4 hours for a completely drained battery to charge fully.

If none of these measures manages to start up the device again, you can also try to do a so called two-minute restart using the steps below.

1. Press and hold down both the volume up key and the power key for exactly 120 seconds, ignoring any vibrations.
  2. Release the keys. The device turns off automatically.
  3. Charge the device until a charging icon appears on the screen.
  4. Turn on your device.

Try these measures and let me know how it goes! 

Chuusto
Visitor

Yes I tried those already, but forgot to mention. I also took SIM card and SD card out after first try. Hardware controls doesn't respond.

Martin1
Enthusiast

Thank you @Chuusto for the quick reply! 

In that case I would suggest that you try to repair the software on the phone using Xperia Companion and a computer. Keep in mind though that this will erase all user data from the phone and since you cannot access the phone, you will need to start the repair without the phone being plugged in and tick the "My device cannot be detected or started, or is a Smartwatch 3" checkbox before proceeding with the repair.

If the software repair do not manage to start up the phone again, I believe that the best thing to do is to get in contact with your local support team in order to have the phone examined by an authorized service center. If you have any questions regarding the service such as service routines, warranty and consumer laws, these kind of questions are best answered by your local support team as well.

Let me know how it goes! 

Chuusto
Visitor

Actually I tried that already, but couldn't get it to respond/connect or to start up. I contacted local support after trying software repair on companion.

Service was quick and great. Conclusion was to bring it for repair. My phone is currently under maintenance and has been waiting for parts for couple of days. I don't know what they're missing or what's broken. Going to ask when it's done.

Martin1
Enthusiast

Thank you again @Chuusto for the quick reply!

I am glad to hear that the local support team was able to help you to have the phone sent to be repaired. It is indeed interesting to see what can have gone wrong/broken, feel free to keep me posted with your findings once the phone has returned.

Have a great day!

Chuusto
Visitor

Circuitboard was replaced. Phones IMEI got changed in the progress. Insurance will continue on the device and I need to keep the receipt in order to clarify these changes in future. 

Martin1
Enthusiast

Thank you for reporting back, @Chuusto!

I hope everything goes well with your phone in the future. If not or if you have any further questions, you are more than welcome to return here! Slightly_smiling_Face

Have a nice day and a great week!