Join now - be part of our community!

Will any of the accessories be available in the USA?

aaaa9
Visitor

Will any of the accessories be available in the USA?

I was about to order the Xperia 5 in the USA, but then I realized there is nowhere to buy the official cases (for example the SCBJ10). I found some limited selection on Amazon but it is shipped internationally but takes up to two weeks to arrive. I don't want to buy the phone until I can protect it with a case from the start.

Also, the SBH82D open ear headphones are right up my alley as I don't like the ear-canal headphones that are popular now, but they don't seem to be available anywhere in the US other than imported from other countries at an extremely inflated price.

Lastly, I wanted to replace the battery on my XZ1 compact and was told to email some company that didn't even have a website. I would have had to mail it, get a quote, decide if it is worth it--the user experience was not great considering that I can't not have a phone for an unknown period of time. Weeks? Is Sony dropping support for the USA? It used to be a popular brand here.

1 REPLY 1
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @aaaa9, let me see if I can help out here! 

When it comes down to accessories such as protective cases and headsets, the availability may vary depending on which market/region you are located in and since this is an international support forum, I am afraid that I cannot provide an answer to availability for specific markets. Two weeks delivery time sounds a bit hefty though. Sadly the Xperia Store is not available for the US market, have you been in contact with your local support team to see if they know of other retailers who have the products in stock?

As for getting the battery replaced on your XZ1 compact, the procedure that you mentioned sounds a bit sketchy, are you sure that the company in question is an authorized service center? In this case I would advise to get in contact with the local support team, they should be more than capable of directing you to or a arranging for the phone to be sent to an authorized service center  in order to have the battery replaced.

Let me know if you have any further questions.