Join now - be part of our community!

Dark mode

SOLVED
cycad
Visitor

Dark mode

My xz1 compact is running Android pie. It has dark mode for Google play and Instagram apps. However the Xperia 5 is also running Android pie but no dark mode for both apps. Why? 

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Set the theme to dark in settings, display, advanced, view and set theme to dark.

Go in to settings, system, advanced, developer options(remember you have to unlock that, Google it), and set night mode to on.

Then in your Google apps like messages, Chrome, maps, Google feed,etc set the theme to dark and it should be dark mode all the time 

* - maps needs to be set in-app, settings navigation settings, map display, and set it to dark.

It does work, I'm looking at the apps now, and they are all dark mode

cycad
Visitor

@RottenFoxBreath wrote:

Set the theme to dark in settings, display, advanced, view and set theme to dark.

Go in to settings, system, advanced, developer options(remember you have to unlock that, Google it), and set night mode to on.

Then in your Google apps like messages, Chrome, maps, Google feed,etc set the theme to dark and it should be dark mode all the time 

* - maps needs to be set in-app, settings navigation settings, map display, and set it to dark.

It does work, I'm looking at the apps now, and they are all dark mode

It's works! Thanks a lot for the pointers!