godboy_uk
Explorer

Parse error on CartoonHD+ and Showbox Sideload install

I keep getting...

"Parse error

There was a problem while parsing the package"

When tring to install

Show+Box_4.27.apk and Cartoon+HD_2.0.7.apk

Has anybody been able to get these working on Sony Android.  What is the official download site for these files?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
godboy_uk
Explorer

Hi guys I worked it out and wanted to pass on my findings for others.  The issue was in fact that the link i was clicking for download asked me how i wanted to open the file.  I was choosing my file managing software.  I later realised that the link was actually for a file serving webpage, once i choose the browser to open it with I was then offered the actual link to the download and a sucsessful instal.

Google Chrome seems much easier to use than the browers that comes preinstalled on the TVs.  It also handles downloads better.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry i cannot help you on this one, but thought id add this instead:

1451959680173.jpg

Cheers

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

99% of the time, parse error is due to a corrupt download. Showbox works perfectly sideloaded on my TV, but you will need a wireless keyboard and mouse to choose what you want to watch.

I don't even bother with CartoonHD as it's megabuggy and force closes on various different devices I have tried it on.

I'm not going to provide a link to download the correct .apk files for the above, as they are easily available through Google, and both are Warez.

profile.country.GB.title
godboy_uk
Explorer

Hi guys I worked it out and wanted to pass on my findings for others.  The issue was in fact that the link i was clicking for download asked me how i wanted to open the file.  I was choosing my file managing software.  I later realised that the link was actually for a file serving webpage, once i choose the browser to open it with I was then offered the actual link to the download and a sucsessful instal.

Google Chrome seems much easier to use than the browers that comes preinstalled on the TVs.  It also handles downloads better.