Join now - be part of our community!

Drop out of Sky and PS3 input to X83C

SOLVED
jrichardson7
Explorer

Drop out of Sky and PS3 input to X83C

My 1 month old Sony X83C TV has for the third time decided to no longer recognise both my Sky HD box and my PS3 (in ports HDMI1 and HDMI2 respectively). I've also got my Wii connected via AV1 and alas that isn't being recognised either. It's getting rather frustrating to have to reset my TV from scratch and go through all the settings each time. Any advice and explanation would be gratfeully appreciated as this is getting very frustrating....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

First step is to replace the old hdmi cables.  As something is interferring with it, and to be honest its the most likely cause.

You can get decent HDMI cables for just a couple of pints these days.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/IBRA®-Speed-PRO-GOLD-HDMI-1-4a/dp/B002U38E9O/

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As a quicker solution, try just turning the TVs power off from the wall for 30seconds.

As an explaination, i can only guess at some type of interferrence with the hdmi handshakes at startup.  How old are the cables and are they in good condition?

Cheers

jrichardson7
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. I tried the reboot by powering down (unplugging) all devies for longer than 30 seconds but that had not impact. I actually went to the 'initial setup' option on the tv and following that got me back up and running and able to view my Sky and PS3 again - it seems to require this more significant reboot?

My tv model is KD-43x8305c. 

jrichardson7
Explorer

...the cables are a mixture of new at the same time as purchasing the tv and old but it seems to impact all devices.

Anonymous
Not applicable

First step is to replace the old hdmi cables.  As something is interferring with it, and to be honest its the most likely cause.

You can get decent HDMI cables for just a couple of pints these days.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/IBRA®-Speed-PRO-GOLD-HDMI-1-4a/dp/B002U38E9O/

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

I totally agree with Quinnicus on the cable front.  I actually have the exact make of HDMI cable Quinnicus has linked to, a 3m one and it was the only cable out of about 20 that I tried that enabled me to output my Gaming PC @2160p60hz RGB 4:4:4 perfectly on the Sony X558509c.

In fact, the "WORST" quality HDMI cable I have plugged into my Sony is a XBOX ONE HDMI cable. I have never ever suffered from the Black Screen issue that many users have reported, even with all 4 HDMI ports being used all the time : 1 Openbox, 1 x Gaming PC, 1 x Dedicated Gaming Server PC and either Xbox One or PS4. Maybe I'm just really lucky, or there is something in buying slightly better Cabling that these new Sony's seem sensitive to?

jrichardson7
Explorer

Amazon order for 3 of these cables submitted so will give this a go and report back. Many thanks!!

jrichardson7
Explorer

One week on and no problems to report thanks to the new HDMI cables....(hope I haven't tempted fate :worried: )