Join now - be part of our community!

I dropped Sony Xperia Z5 and now not responding/turning on

tdtamg
Visitor

I dropped Sony Xperia Z5 and now not responding/turning on

Hi guys, 

So the day before yesterday I was on a call when I dropped my phone after it on a floor with a carpet. Now the phone isn't responding. I can't turn it on and I tried all methods know to me: Hold the power button for 10 min, hold power 

- Hold the power button for 10 min, hold power + vol up/down, force restart using the off button near the sim slot though there are no vibrations.

The phone itself is fine, no scratches or anything like that and the screen isn't broken. I know because when I plug it to try and charge it, right led flashes and sony logo appears all good and fine but it switches off immediately. I think it may be to do with battery ended up misplaced or completely dead since the phone has been draining mad past few weeks. I wanted to send it to the service centre for them to have a check, but that would delete my data and I can't seem to back up the phone since the computer won't recognise the phone being connected. I also quite need the phone so I have been going to various phone repair stores to have them check if its just the battery being misplaced none of them could do it on a sony. Also, I am currently studying in the UK but bought the phone in Vietnam hence its a difficult situation and I don't really know what to do.

Here is a video to help describe the problem:

https://youtu.be/GxK3tNKNTwQ

I hope I have given you guys enough information 

Any help or advice on this matter would be very very very much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
CameronT
Champion

Hi @tdtamg,

Welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear about your experience with your Z5. Slightly_frowning_Face

It does sound like it is a physical problem, but you can try a software repair using Xperia Companion.

If that does not resolve the issue, you will have to contact the support team for Vietnam. You can use the link in my signature to find their contact information.

tdtamg
Visitor

Hi

thanks a lot for your reply, I have attempted using the software companion, but if the device is connected to the computer, only red LED is blinking and disconnecting and reconnecting while holding down the vol down key doesn't seem to do anything. If there's nothing else I can do hopefully the support over Vietnam can help me. 

thanks a lot for your reply, I have attempted using the software companion, but if the device is connected to the computer, only red LED is blinking and disconnecting and reconnecting while holding down the vol down key doesn't seem to do anything. If there's nothing else I can do or if u know any know anything about that. I already contacted the support over Vietnam so hopefully, they can help me but from past experience, they weren't cooperative.

profile.country.GB.title
vlolaaa
New

Hey tdtamg,

Man, that's a tough break with your Xperia Z5. I feel your pain—I've been there with a cracked screen before. From your description, it sounds like your phone is doing a little dance but refusing to play the startup song.

First off, kudos for trying all those button combos. You've got more patience than I do! Now, based on your video, it does seem like a battery issue. Since the phone's been acting up with crazy battery drain, it might be worth cracking it open and checking if the battery's loose or if it's time to say goodbye to that old battery.

But, fair warning, cracking open phones isn't everyone's cup of tea. If you're not comfortable doing it, maybe find a tech-savvy friend or check online tutorials. And about the data, try finding a phone repair shop that can back up your stuff before attempting any surgery. You don't want to lose those pics and texts!

Good luck, mate! I hope you get that Xperia back on its feet soon.