Join now - be part of our community!

google now

SOLVED
Ronaldfromholla
Visitor

google now

Did anyone have the issue that google now pops up now and then randomly with using or closing standard stock apps? is there an easy way to disable this? i do NOT want to sign up for google now !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam
Legend
Legend

To deactivate Google Now:

1. Start Google Now by sliding upwards from the bottom of the display and releasing your finger above the Google icon.

2. Tap the menu button in Google Now.

3. Select Settings.

4. Tap the ON/OFF switch in the top right corner of the settings. OFF should now be highlighted.

Please note that this will not deactivate the above mentioned sliding feature in a home screen.

When Google Now is deactivated sliding upwards from the bottom of the display and releasing the finger above the Google icon will open Google Search. It is not possible to deactivate this feature completely.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

are you certain that you aren't opening google now? by swipping from the bottom of the screen up ?

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

Sam
Legend
Legend

To deactivate Google Now:

1. Start Google Now by sliding upwards from the bottom of the display and releasing your finger above the Google icon.

2. Tap the menu button in Google Now.

3. Select Settings.

4. Tap the ON/OFF switch in the top right corner of the settings. OFF should now be highlighted.

Please note that this will not deactivate the above mentioned sliding feature in a home screen.

When Google Now is deactivated sliding upwards from the bottom of the display and releasing the finger above the Google icon will open Google Search. It is not possible to deactivate this feature completely.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Ronaldfromholla
Visitor

Thnx, you are right, i did not know about the function sliding up from the bottom, my galaxy s2 did not have that function

Ronaldfromholla
Visitor

Thanks for the answer, I was starting to getting annoyed about it but now I know it was myself all the way