Join now - be part of our community!

XA Ultra F3213 Ultra Issues/Resolution

Preem
Visitor

XA Ultra F3213 Ultra Issues/Resolution

So after test driving my new XA Ultra F3213 phone and the most recent firmware update (36.0.A.2.109) release I do admit that it is a very solid phone with excellent potential! My concerns are few and would like to know if anyone has the same issues and/or resolutions to each one. I would also like to share this with the Sony community so that everyone is aware of my concerns and the concerns of others.

• Wifi Limitations - this might be a firmware or hardware related but but I'm not 100% sure. It seems that the phone's wifi speed bottlenecks itself at 100mbps. At work the speed is roughly about 200mbps download/upload and my other Xperia phone handles it well. Sony states that the XA ultra comes with wireless N, which theoretically should provide up to 600mbps and yet it seems that it doesn't want to go past 100mbps. Anyone else have the same issue?
  • Backlight - It seems that the backlight does not dim properly compared to past Sony Xperia phones. It is fairly bright at 51-100% but between 1-50% it almost has no change. It's as if the screen chooses to stay static at 50% and reducing it makes almost a 5% difference. At night this can become intolerable since it's so bright! It also makes the battery drain faster if I can't reduce the brightness level further. NO RESOLUTION refer to this thread started by "Amsingh" where other users share the same concern Brightness-level BUT! I have had luck using dimming software in the app store that dims the screen and makes it pleasant to the eyes such as TWILIGHT. The only issue is that the app will disable certain apps when it is turned on. Haven't attempted using a different app.
  • Bluetooth - I already saw a posting on this but the bluetooth issue happens to me as well. This drains an excessive amount of battery when not in use. It can drain about 50%+ of the battery in a few hours. RESOLUTION: Possible fix using software repair with Xperia Companion. Thread found here thanks to "alexdon" How-to-perform-a-software-repair-with-Xperia-Companion
  • Font Size - This is a 6 inch screen and with this I would hope to have a variety choices of font sizes in comparison to the Sony Xperia Z Ultra. It's like having a 1080HD screen but only getting up to 720HD. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a big screen if icons and fonts take up most of it. Anyone know of a solution to take advantage of the screen size?
  • Storage - Anyway we can remove unnessary apps since it seems like a majority of the storage is taken up by apps that I will never use? TEMPORARY RESOLUTION: disable apps which will prevent apps from taking additional storage/cache since preinstalled apps cannot be uninstalled at this time. Thread found here by "Solmonrichy" Unable-to-Delete-In-built-apps-in-Xperia-XA-Ultra

In conclusion, I love the phone and it has great potential! The screen size and performance of the phone make it valuable for everyday use and even for work. Please feel free to provide me with any and all feedback. I'm looking to help better the experience for myself and other XA Ultra users!

Thank you for reading!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

@Preem: very nice objective thread, I wish other XA ultra users would be able to help you with this. :smileysmileythumbsup:

Tags (1)
Preem
Visitor

Thanks! I'll do my best to keep this post active as long as possible. Everyone feel free to chime in with any concerns you would like me to look into.

MatAccord13
Visitor

@Preem
Love this thread! Even if i have the F3216 (same phone but with the dual SIM) I've met every single issue here! Sad thing is, I can't add any solution to what's already proposed.

I can add up a new one that is actually really bugging me off.
Am i the only one facing video playback stuttering and lagging? It even happen when Im playing GIFs. 🙁
Vaidehiv
Visitor

Hi,

I have bought new XPeria XA ultra through Flip kart on last week of oct 2017, but from the start itself i am facing various issues in my phone,

1)Photos taken in my phone looks like 4 mp camera phone, only when I re-flash my software only it works properly. but in this 2 month time i have re-flashed twice. again I am getting this issue now.

2)Speaker issue-at times opposite person is unable to hear me, call is blank. After giving this phone to service center ,I have got my phone after a week. now after using this phone for a week again I have this issue 2 times now.

3)Display issue- I have reported this issue while I am giving to the service center but again i am facing the same issue. screen of my phone looks like display has gone while disconnecting the call, full black or white screen is coming for 2 seconds .I had this instance 2 times this week.

4)overheating- while I am using my phone continuously for 10 to 20mins,its getting overheated.

I am getting stressed after spending 25K for this phone but facing with all these issues.  Till now I gave twice to service center within 2 months of purchase but still I have these problems exist.

I am requesting for an alternative solution rather giving this phone again and again to the service center person.

Regards,

Vaidehi.V

BennyWang
Visitor

Not all 802.11n are the same. Top speed is determined by antenna count and channel width. The top speed stated in its white paper is 150Mbps. It suggests that XA Ultra has one antenna, 40MHz channel width.

1 antenna is common among cell phones due to their compact size. Flagship models usually support 802.11ac whose therorical maximum speed is 433 Mbps with 1 antenna. But you know, XA is a budget model.