Join now - be part of our community!

Front Facing Camera is Garbage

SOLVED
Andeekin
Visitor

Front Facing Camera is Garbage

My front facing camera on my Sony Xperia XA Ultra looks worse than the 8MP front facing camera on my Huawei G7. The main camera is gorgeous, don't get me wrong. But the front camera absolutely refuses to focus, and every single image comes out blurry, even with a still hand and at 16MP. I've tried every single setting, tried fixing the white balance, tried it on manual and superior auto mode and it just doesn't work. I bought this phone because the camera specs were beautiful, but I'm disappointed. Anyone else having problems?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andeekin
Visitor

I ended up exchanging my phone for a new one (the exact same phone) because it was a problem with my device and not with how I was using it. The front facing camera on the first one I had was unable to focus, and my new one does focus. So the problem has been solved.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Does your phone has a protective case or film or glass?
victor91r
Visitor

HI. Turn off "soft skin" effect. My frontcam get great photos.
Focussing is normally, but if not, u may tap on your face on display
Andeekin
Visitor

I don't have a protective case, or film or glass. And as I mentioned before, I've tried every setting, including the soft skin effect.
1adrian1
Contributor

The front camera takes great pictures as does the rear camera.
Roadrunny76
Enthusiast

Man, you amaze me with your excellent phone (battery, speaker, camera etc) . We are happy for you, we are not happy for ourselves. By the way, what was your previous phone that you are enchanted with your XA?
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Aidylucas @Roadrunny76

Contact your Local support to get your device inspected. 

Andeekin
Visitor

I ended up exchanging my phone for a new one (the exact same phone) because it was a problem with my device and not with how I was using it. The front facing camera on the first one I had was unable to focus, and my new one does focus. So the problem has been solved.