Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 Fingerprint Sensor Not Working !!

profile.country.GB.title
scott5521
Explorer

Xperia 5 Fingerprint Sensor Not Working !!

Hi.

Has anyone else had problems with their Xperia 5 Fingerprint Sensor suddenly not working ?

Has been fine since I got the phone, but suddenly stopped working a few weeks ago and now fingerprint security option has disappeared and when I go into support page on phone and try to register and error message appears.

Have had an email conversation with Sony support and they have been completely useless and have come up with no solution. 

Thanks,

Scott

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

You could try restarting in safe mode by holding the power button, then selecting power, then holding down power off until the reboot into safe mode option appears.

Check if it works in this mode, if it does, that's great as it means it's software issue.

If it works you can try backing up in Xperia companion (Make sure all photos and personal files are saved in cloud or included in backup) and resetting the phone using the settings menu.

Try using the service menu to see if the fingerprint reader works in the hardware testing environment.

Go to dialler and type *#*#SERVICE#*#*

Go to service tests, and finder fingerprint reader.

If all above fails, try backing up using Xperia companion and make sure any photos and personal files are saved in a backup then perform a repair installation using Xperia companion (THIS WILL WIPE PHONE)

This will completely rewrite the system firmware and hopefully fix any corrupt drivers.

If this still fails, find your local Sony service contact online and fill out a repair request as it will almost certainly need to be evaluated.

profile.country.GB.title
scott5521
Explorer

Thanks for the tips.

Amazingly after posting in the forum, I restarted my phone and the fingerprint option was back ??

So definitely a softwear issue and not a hardware issue !!

profile.country.GB.title
scott5521
Explorer

After a few weeks of working..... Fingerprint not working again !!!