Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 and Xperia 5 release dates

profile.country.GB.title
FrannyMendz
Explorer

Xperia 1 and Xperia 5 release dates

I think that Sony should switch the release dates of the Xperia 1 series and Xperia 5 series starting from next year; the Xperia 5 should be released in the first half of the year, and the Xperia 1 should be released in the second half of the year. Since the Xperia 1 series is the more premium of the two, I think it should have a release date regularly scheduled in Autumn to compete against other top-tier flagships like the Samsung Galaxy Note series, the  Huawei Mate series, and the iPhone, and it can use the latest hardware available (e.g. if an updated Snapdragon 800 series chip-set is released in the second half of the year). The Xperia 5 series can be regularly released in the Spring to compete with the Galaxy S series, the Huawei P series, and OnePlus, and come at a cheaper price than the competition.

What are your thoughts on this?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @FrannyMendz,

I think it would be best to wait unitl the current pandemic is over to even see how release schedules might need to be changed all together if production/assembly of parts is still affected in the later parts of 2020. Aside from that I somehow agree - the Xperia 1 (m2) as the premium model should have been released first, since I am sure every Xperia fan who has the necessary money is eagerly awaiting the release of the phones.

- Nic