Join now - be part of our community!

Sony tv SRS-LSR200 speakers

profile.country.GB.title
Larry1956
Explorer

Sony tv SRS-LSR200 speakers

Hi, my Sony SRS-LSR200 tv speaker for hard of hearing work great through tv, but when I choose an app like amazon prime movie, no sound. Any ideas? I'm connected via audio out digital lead, would head phone jack work with audio out red and white cable work? 

5 REPLIES 5
Piscie
Community Team

Hello @Larry1956, it needs to be connected through the digital audio out (optical) port on your TV and make sure the digital sound setting on your TV is set to PCM. Is it a Sony TV or what brand?

profile.country.GB.title
Larry1956
Explorer

Thankyou for reply. Audio out optional port was connected but got not sound out of Sony speaker when amazon prime movie was chosen only tv speakers. I have no head phone jack on the Samsung tv, only audio out red and white plugs, wondering to take a risk and plug audio out red and white lead in tv and head phone jack on other end into Sony speaker, this option is not in Sony manual. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey there Larry, all the available connections supported by the speaker can be found here: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/5015/1d2f2e72bf2611ef8fdeafb4f5df6781/50154201M...

Try unplugging the TV from the mains and disconnecting all external devices. 

But if the speaker works on some contents and doesn't work on others, that might be related to the TV.

Are these apps on the TV? Or on an external device?

profile.country.GB.title
Larry1956
Explorer

Hi Hannar 

Thankyou suggestion, I went purchased another tv and work OK on apps. The previous tv not good on optical out lead, there was no headphone jack, so I asked Sony tech team if I could plug in red and white audio tv out  to headphone jack on external speaker and he said no, so took the plunge and  bought another tv, in sound it had S/PDIF this along with optical out works at back of tv, OK. Many thanks, Larry

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @Larry1956 

well, we're glad to hear it worked out for you eventually. Enjoy your speakers :grin: