Join now - be part of our community!

Media sound not working in Xperia P

SOLVED
narefeen2003
Visitor

Media sound not working in Xperia P

Hello everyone,

I play asphalt7 in my xperia on regular basis. There was no problem. Last night when I opened asphalt,it opened silently, though my phone wasn’t on silent mode. And after that my whole media sound is not working at all. I have tried in every way to bring it back; even I have done factory reset. But still no media sound (which includes Walkman, apps , video).please help!!!! Slightly_frowning_Face
thanks in advance for ur help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blazekick
Visitor

try plugging in your earphone and then remove it. mine happens some times i plug the earphone and remove it and it works! Thinking_Face

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
narefeen2003
Visitor

by the way my ringer and alarm sounds are working fine

Henke
Contributor

Try to restart the phone.

Check if you have certain apps installed such as: Battery saver-app, Task manager, Task killer-app, Anti-Virus-app.

Uninstall those apps and see if the problem is solved

What happens if you reinstall for example Asphalt 7?

Same result?

narefeen2003
Visitor

told u i have done factory reset!it wipes all application as well settings.but no result

Blazekick
Visitor

try plugging in your earphone and then remove it. mine happens some times i plug the earphone and remove it and it works! Thinking_Face

narefeen2003
Visitor

it really worked!! Face_with_open_Mouth Face_with_open_Mouth is there any permanent solution?? its really a awful problem!is it a hardware problem??

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Not all of us experience this issue.It sounds more like a software glitch.

alexdon
narefeen2003
Visitor

now im updating to 6.2.A.1.100 firmware...hopefully it has less problem then the preivous jelly bean update

Blazekick
Visitor

Please mark as correct answer! Slightly_smiling_Face

StarkBeast
Visitor

I have the same issues with my Xperia XA1. I bought the phone few days ago, updated it to the latest xperia software. Everything works fine then suddenly the media audio is not working (no audio for mp4, mp3) but ringtone, notif sound, and headset working. Done resetting it, rebooting it, and removing the earphone back and from but still did not work. Need help here. Thanks