Kerryberry17
Visitor

Please help with m4 wont read sim

Help Please I've literally been trying to get this phone to work x

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

have you tried with other sim? is it  network locked?

Jonas
Master

Hi @Kerryberry17, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Have you had the time to try what @nolramlb suggested? Why he asked you to try with a different SIM card is so we can see if the SIM card reader in the device is defect, or if your SIM card is the culprit.

It doesn't matter if you order a new SIM card or if you try with a SIM card from a friend, colleague or family member.

Keep us posted!

Luther1
Visitor

I have the same problem. I have tried different sim cards of different networks. I tried resetteing the phone but nothing worked

Jonas
Master

Hi @Luther1, sorry to hear that. Slightly_frowning_Face

You mentioned that you tried resetting the device. Were you able to reset it or did you run in to some unexpected behaviours when trying to reset the device?

If you were able to reset the device back to factory settings, try performing a software repair instead as this is different from a normal factory reset as it will also reinstall the latest available software. Just remember to backup your data as always when resetting the device.

Should there be no change after performing the software repair or if you have already performed one, get in touch with your Local support team and they will arrange a repair for you.

Keep me posted! Slightly_smiling_Face