Join now - be part of our community!

Cant use headphones

RedCat_Dragneel
Visitor

Cant use headphones

I have an Sony headphones, they worked perfect, but I don't know why but one day they stopped working, an ad came out that said the headphones were not compatible, and I can no longer listen to music with any other hearing aid. It is an Xperia M2

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@RedCat_Dragneel 

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tested the headphones with a different phone? have you tested a different pair of headphones with your phone?

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @RedCat_Dragneel, sorry to hear about this.

In addition to what @uliwooly mentioned, have you tried rebooting your phone in safe mode to see if the headphones work better there? 

If the error message regarding the headphones still show up in safe mode, my suggestion is to repair the software using a computer and Xperia Companion. Keep in mind though that a software repair will erase all user data from the phone, so make sure to do a backup of your user data before the repair. 

Let me know how it goes! 

RedCat_Dragneel
Visitor

The headophones are perfect,i have tried three more that work good,but i still cant use them,the advice still apears,and al the headphones work good  with other phones

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi again @RedCat_Dragneel,

If the software repair do not manage to improve the functionality of the headphone jack, I believe that the best thing to do is to get in contact with your local support team in order to have the phone sent to an authorized service center. If you have any questions regarding the service such as service routines, warranty and consumer laws, these kind of questions are best answered by your local support team as well.

I hope that helped!