Apps wont update

Mumsii
Visitor

Apps wont update

Apps wont update

12 REPLIES 12
Daniel1
Visitor

Hi @Mumsii, let me see if I can help you out here! 

Do you get any kind of error message when trying to update the apps? 

Or if you more specifically can say what happens when you are doing this? 

Let me know, and i will do my best to help you out! 

Mumsii
Visitor

Apps just say download pending. Sometimes they do download but then says can't install. Try again. Tried clearing cache and data from Google play as suggested. Restarted phone still no updates installing. Had this problem for 2 weeks now

Daniel1
Visitor

Hi again @Mumsii

Thank you for the information! 

Are you able to download new applications from Play Store first of all? 

I would recommend you to try clearing data for the application called "download manager". 

You do this by following this guide: Go to settings > Apps > Tap the three vertical dots in the top right and choose "Show system" > Find the one called "Download manager" > Press "Storage" > Choose "Clear data". 

After this, try to update the applications again and see if there is any difference. 

Let me know how it went!

Mumsii
Visitor

Can't download new apps, just sits at download pending. Tried what u suggested, just sitting at download pending for all updates now whereas b4 wld download but wldnt install. Plenty storage I have sd card

Daniel1
Visitor

@Mumsii 

Just to confirm, did you try the clearing data for the download manager application as i mentioned in my last post? 

Do remember that you can't download apps/updates directly to the SD card in the phone. 

Mumsii
Visitor

Yes I did. I am fully aware that u can't download to card. No apps are downloading or updates just sitting at download pending  Before I cleared download manager as u said the apps were downloading but not installing

Mumsii
Visitor

Screenshot_20190402-132628.png

This is the message I get

Mumsii
Visitor

Screenshot_20190402-132951.png

This is shown on all apps that need to update

Sorry photo not attached properly

Mumsii
Visitor

Yes I did do as u suggested but no difference. I know that downloads don't go straight to sd card that u have to transfer. Apps  start to updaterd and the downward arrow is visible but when downloaded message comes up to say can't be installed. New apps cannot be downloaded at all