Join now - be part of our community!

What have you replaced your X85 with?

DaM3k0n

What have you replaced your X85 with?

Curious to know what owners of the 55" x85 range, who have sent them back, had them replaced with?

I think theres no aqrgument about the image quality, but I just couldnt handle the constant freezes, reboots etc...  Im armed with a Nvidia Shield to satisfy my Anroid needs, but just want a great screen for no more than £1.5k...

14 REPLIES 14
dazworld

Thanks Mick,

I'm compiling the list of bugs and issues from my phone (33 at last night's count) and will contact customer support. Their response will dictate my view/decision on a Sony TVs for me for now and the future.

I don't like being lied to buy a BETA TV for £800 which is not fit for purpose (watching TV).

I'll copy my repsonse to Sony in this forum.

Darren

Patrandec

Mick, you've made five posts in a year despite being "community manager". Says it all really.......

Perhaps you could spend an hour or so in the main Android issues thread (now well over 4000 posts!) and let those who still have their expensive Sony TVs know why the UK has to wait three months for a desperately needed firmware update to fix the many problems?

I'm on the verge of giving mine back to Amazon as it is so unreliable. If I have to do this , then you've lost another customer for life. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patrandec

Hi there

It is not Mick's job to answer posts and solve issues on these forums.  A community managers role is to moderate the forumand escalate certain issues to Sony where they see fit.  Sometimes they will post to point forum members in the right direction.

Hopefully this explains things

Cheers

Patrandec

@Anonymous

Fair enough, thanks for clarifying. However, this begs me to ask a related question. It it would therefore be good to know, given how huge the main thread is, the lack of any recognition in that thread (apart from you of course, for which many thanks), and how many people have complained, whether any of Sony's community managers have actually escalated any of the issues......? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I know it appears that no one is listening, as its generally a one way communication. That is: you guys to Sony.  But not the other way around.  However there are many internal Sony staff that has 'subscribed' to that main thread.  I also actively read the posts too - however i have pulled out in replying.  If there is a general trend of a specific issue - it normally does get flagged up.

The problem with that main thread of 4000+ posts (and this is by no means minimising the issues) is that there is alot of 'noise'.  It is very hard to get to the guts of specific problems.  But the best i can do is try to identify the problems and post it in another thread for investigation and feedback: all in order to hopefully inform the community, without it being lost in the 4000+ posts

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/td-p/2040020

I have some updates to post on that thread as of today, so will update it either tonight or tomorrow.

The other problem comes down to time.  It takes time to fully investigate/replicate the problems in lab conditions, then figure out a fix.  Even when fixef, it has to go through testing and get all sorts of pprovals before a patch or new firmware gets rolled out.  I will agree though it is an exceptionally long time fore this to happen, especially when a firmware release is for EU and delayed for konths in the UK.  This process needs to be quicker - but im not priveliged for that info.

Cheers