Join now - be part of our community!

ultra 4k Movies & Tv App (sony)

profile.country.GB.title
Loganlea2000
Explorer

ultra 4k Movies & Tv App (sony)

Evening everyone

I recently purchased the Sony Bravia KD65XE8596  combined this with the ubp-x800 ultra Hd blu ray player.

I purchased a few 4k Ultra hd blu ray titles to get started, and one gave me the option to also

get a digital copy online from the Sony picture store/linked to ultraviolet account.

Got all this sorted but, if i want to stream this to my tv (not using the blu ray here) it advised to dL and app called

Ultra 4k movie & Tv from the google play store, or home screen on the tv. I also got this reply in my email (copy below)

On Sony BRAVIA 4K Android TV's:

Download and install the ULTRA 4K Movies & TV app from the home screen on your Sony 4K BRAVIA Android TV or download the app from the Google Play app store. Then log in with your username and password. Stream your movies in HD and 4K.

Watch for exciting news from UltraViolet and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment coming soon, including more of your favorite movies & TV shows and a growing list of UltraViolet-enabled devices & services!

I looked on the home screen, but could not find this app, and it isnt avalable in the google play store via the built in app store on the tv. But if you go via the opera browser, you can see the app in the google play store, but it does not allow it to be downloaded in the UK, so i am a bit lost here.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

it would  be good to have the ability to stream the movie if the BR player goes t*ts up in the future at any stage.

Thanks & regards

Tom

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi Tom,

Please contact our Customer Support team, as they'll be best placed to advise you on this: http://bit.ly/2mpk3fQ.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
Loganlea2000
Explorer

Thanks Owen

I will send a message to the team

regards

Tom

Tags (1)
jasongalliuk
Explorer

Hi Tom,

i have ave the same issue here! Did you get to the bottom of this?

cheers,

jason

profile.country.GB.title
Loganlea2000
Explorer

Hi Jason

Nothing yet am afraid. I took the advice of the moderator and contacted Sony support directly about three weeks

ago, but i am still awaiting a response to my question about this.

(in other words, they don't know the solution) looks like

Tom

Here's the browser link to the app. Stupidly, it is incompatible with the TV that it's designed for. I have a Sony Android TV myself and have completely given up on trying to get this to work.

My recommendation would be to go to the website on your phone, play the movie and press the cast icon that appears in the corner. That will stream the video natively on the TV over Google Cast.

Not sure if that method works for iPhones running Safari but it should be ok if you use Chrome on iOS or Android

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

This gets better and better with Sony, so we can't actually play Sony Movies with a Sony Android TV?

Just got Blade Runner 2049 tripple play and realised there is no actual way for me to play the digital version with my Sony TV.

sharramik
Explorer

Sony avertise this service as available via their web site, , BUT when you try it none of the options work....

there is no (Sony) 'ultra 4k movies and TV app' in the UK

'Fandango' and 'Vudu' are not available in the UK

Sony refer you to contact customer services because they dont want to publicy admit online that you cannot stream the movies to your TV.

it is a complete con by Sony for their UK customers, they COULD simply  make  the movies available via Google Play (like others do) then it would work, but the dont, they just dont offer any service at all!

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Agreed, Sony support on twitter basically told me it's not available in the UK. They should not be able to sell UV or triple play disks here in my opinion. Then they wonder why people get their movies from other sources. No wonder!

If it may make you fell better we have the same problem in Canada