Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

profile.country.en_GB.title
mimorga46
Explorer

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

7 months in and my KD-49X8309C is still not operating reliably, which is clearly the problem that so many are experiencing. I have contacted both Sony and Currys in recent weeks and am awaiting Sony to contact me in the next couple of days for further advice before the set might go away for "repair". After the Feb FW update I have had to perform 2 factory resets as YouView would not install correctly so I have left it off. The set has turned itself on after being switched off on the remote, and yesterday there was sound, but no picture on any digital TV channel when the set was first switched on. A "Restart" from the Settings Menu/About seems to have cured that - for the present. The problems are clearly software related and the fact that they exhibit themselves unreliably and randomly is SO FRUSTRATING. Why should we have to put up with televisions that do not offer simple and straightforward functionality? They are clearly not fit for purpose and Sony really do need to do the right thing for all customers experiencing problems. I wonder if they can figure out what that is? But more importantly, actually do it . . . .

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately there are some issues that you have described, such as the blank screen with sound and the tv switching itself on.  See the following thread, which will be updated when information is available:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/td-p/2040020

Cheers

PS: You had a duplicate post which i have just removed.