lewisnoble
Explorer

Screen protectors

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
lewisnoble
Explorer

Thanks for advice and deletion of personal info - sorry, still getting used to forum (and to the camera!).

I fitted a screen protector from Expert Shields - and yes, works perfectly, no problem when screen turned in to face the camera body.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
lewisnoble
Explorer

Hello!  New to this forum, accidental previous post. May take a while to get used to forum!

I've used sony cameras for several years, initially DSC-RX100 series, now a Sony a6700.  I have always fitted a screen protector, but the a6700 has the facility to turn the screen onto the body - is a protector still advisable? and what make is thin enough to fit between the screen / body when folded? any recommendations?

Thanks - Lewis

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

I apply a screen protector on every camera.

The same on A7c and A7iv, that has the same screen structure. No issues, you can apply safety.

Usually I use a 8H ggs.

The sensitivity of touch screen is reduced, but usually I don’t use it.

profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

I have always used screen protectors on all my cameras ever since the screen on my A7S mk1 got so scratched and I had to replace the whole front screen window (which isn't as difficult or as expensive as it may sound - but a protective film or glass protector would've been so much easier). It doesn't matter how careful you are with your kit, if you are working on a job there's always times when you either forget to fold the screen away or there is a rogue object in your bag (cable, coin etc.) that has the potential to scratch up the screen. The thin film type are fine for fold away screens but toughened glass will also fit without any clearance problems.

I've never had a problem with touch-responsiveness using a protector, and I use touch controls a lot. (the only time a screen protector ever interfered with operating the touch functions was on a GoPro when using underwater)

profile.country.GB.title
lewisnoble
Explorer

Thanks for comments; I have ordered one, will let you know!!
"Deleted personal info"

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

@lewisnoble delete your personal data from the response, it is not allowed to insert them and it is not even the case to do it in a public Community, it is for your safety 🤗

profile.country.GB.title
lewisnoble
Explorer

Thanks for advice and deletion of personal info - sorry, still getting used to forum (and to the camera!).

I fitted a screen protector from Expert Shields - and yes, works perfectly, no problem when screen turned in to face the camera body.