Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 Fingerprint Manager missing from settings

DanSan48
New

Xperia 5 Fingerprint Manager missing from settings

Hi

Recently I've encountered problems with my fingerprint manager. Since the update it has completely gone from my settings menu on my Xperia 5. I spoke to someone from the team and they suggested backing up my phone and software repairing my phone. This didn't help one bit. And also erased everything without it backing up. Has anyone else experienced this with the fingerprint manager?

47 REPLIES 47
Raheem144
New

I got the same problem

profile.country.RU.title
arutyun-akopov

It is a hardware problem. A had the same problem. Phone need repairing by the warranty

profile.country.GB.title
Neallucas
Explorer

Hi mine is missing as well did anyone cure it? 

profile.country.GB.title
Omicove
Explorer

I have the exact same problem, now it won't accept my fingerprint login

profile.country.GB.title
Omicove
Explorer

Wow this worked for me too. Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
Hal9thousand
Explorer

Had the same issue this morning, it happen when I switched off the phone. When turned it on I soon discovered that the fingerprint manager had totally vanished and the sensor was not accepting and input what so ever!

After a brief panic and reading various web pages I decided to power down the phone again (fully turn off, not just a restart) and leave it for 30 seconds. When I rebooted the phone I tried the fingerprint sensor to unlock the phone, I know that after it has been turned off the sensor doesn't unlock the phone but prompts you to input your pin which it did. Unlocked the phone with the pin and the fingerprint manager had returned!

Hope this simple fix works for you as it did for me.

profile.country.RU.title
arutyun-akopov

It is a temporary solution. The problem will be return. It is a hard are problem with fingerprint sensor

profile.country.GB.title
Neallucas
Explorer

Thanks I did the same after looking at other guys issues. It has happened
to me again though so it's a fix not a cure.
Neal
profile.country.GB.title
Hal9thousand
Explorer

Over a week now and the problem has not returned, looking good thus far.

profile.country.GB.title
Sneakykilla

Still not working for me, no matter what I try.