Join now - be part of our community!

New owner

Aneres11
Visitor

New owner

Hi all.

Picked up an Xperia 5 for just under £500 in the Black Friday sale (early Black Friday sale!), thanks to some vouchers for Currys I had. 

I had an Xperia 1 earlier this year but didn't last long with it as I felt it was a little too big, and the software was really buggy. Camera crashes, slow to shoot pics etc. 

This Xperia 5 seems much better, Camera doesn't seem to be so slow as the 1 was, even in low light, so I'm guessing that some software updates have rectified that. 

The front facing camera is absolutely dreadful, one of the worst I've ever seen / used. The recent DXO Mark also confirms this...!

I love the build quality, size, shape, feel in hand etc. I went with the grey version and it is absolutely stunning. Picked up a clear gel case for it which arrived today. Battery seems pretty solid to me, moreso than I imagined it would, but Sony is quite good at optimising their batteries. 

Looking forward to spending a little more time with it and really putting it through it's paces. 

How is everyone enjyoing (or not...!) their Xperia 5's?!

3 REPLIES 3
Yekollu
Contributor

Let us see if you are as happy as you are now once the FPS starts acting up Grinning_Face

Aneres11
Visitor

No acting up yet, but I have added my thumb print three times as 'new finger prints'. So it never fails now. 

Jrnr
Visitor

Got my phone today FPS is perfect but seems a bit slow than expected.

Camera seems to be on par with my XS. 

Headphone quality is slightly worse while using my Bose headphones.