Join now - be part of our community!

WX350 compact camera - Japanese only onscreen.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
PatrickSoper
New

WX350 compact camera - Japanese only onscreen.

Bought this Wx350 s'hand on Ebay UK and, having had one before (now given to my wife), I'm very pleased with it .. except that the menus, sub-menus and onscreen information is all in Japanese.  This camera came from Tokyo and evidently was intended for the home market.

Google Translate has been very helpful, but in part 4 of the 'Toolbox' there is no provision for changing language, so I assume that my only hope is for a software download from Sony.  

Any suggestions, please?

Patrick Soper

01May24

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
PatrickSoper
New

Good morning, Nic -

Many thanks for your reply that I cannot change this WX350's onscreen language from Japanese to English; it's not the response I was hoping for, but it wasn't wholly a surprise.  My wife has an English-language WX350 and, with the additional help of Google Translate, I've been able to set the features that I use.  And in the meantime I have cancelled my Ebay account.

Regards -

Patrick

10May24

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @PatrickSoper,

there is no way to change the language. The seller tricked you by selling you a grey import.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
PatrickSoper
New

Good morning, Nic -

Many thanks for your reply that I cannot change this WX350's onscreen language from Japanese to English; it's not the response I was hoping for, but it wasn't wholly a surprise.  My wife has an English-language WX350 and, with the additional help of Google Translate, I've been able to set the features that I use.  And in the meantime I have cancelled my Ebay account.

Regards -

Patrick

10May24